Thursday, June 17, 2010

salty oranges and fake tattoos

Maria Pia and I had a "tattoo" party today..


Muy bonita.. 

A traditional Costa Rican meal; mixed veggies, fried plantain, avacado, rice and beans!!
This particular meal was especially delicious. 


A local wall painting, and me trying to mirror it :)


The "panaderia" I like to frequent.. They make delicious loaves of bread, cinnamon rolls, donuts, and other yummy bready desserts. Today I enjoyed a sugar-dusted donut accompanied by a steaming cup of coffee.. yum.


flores muy bonita!



I am continually becoming more and more comfortable and happy making my way around town. I am enjoying the independence. Today I stopped by the post office, bought avacados and apples from a local veggie cart, and bought a couple items from the bakery. As I was walking home, I saw a few children surrounding a man with a cart, handing them some kind of fruit, so I stopped by. The fruit turned out to be oranges that were not so orange, and they were split in half and sprinkled with salt. Oranges and salt.. I guess it's the sweet and salty combination that appeals, but as for me, I'll stick to the naked orange!






No comments:

Post a Comment